BD Diesel | 2013-2018 Dodge Ram 6.7L Cummins Positive Air Shutdown (Automatic)
'13-'18 Dodge Ram 6.7L BD Diesel Positive Air Shutdown (Automatic) 1036724
When you need an emergency engine shutdown system, these BD Diesel positive air shutdown valves are the solution. Some industries, such as mining, oil refinery, forestry, mobile welding, septic removal, and refueling, require some vehicles to have an emergency engine shutdown in place. The most effective method for this is to cut the air supply to the diesel engine, causing fuel ignition to cease.
With these BD Diesel's positive air shutdown valves, an inline butterfly valve is placed in the air intake line and, when activated by the included heavy-duty electrical solenoid, the engine will shut down within seconds. The butterfly valve design reduces the number of parts and the overall size, as compared to other competitive units. BD Diesel positive air shutdown valves feature aluminum and stainless components, plus weatherproof electrical connectors that are used to prevent corrosion. Installation is simple--by utilizing the innovative bead boot locks, no welding is needed for the hose retaining beads.
The butterfly valve is tripped via an electronic controller that watches Throttle Position versus engine RPM. The controller will automatically shut down the engine when the TPS is not being applied but the controller see the engine RPM increase by itself.
- Heavy duty electrical solenoid trips a locked safety cam causing the engine to shutdown within seconds
- Unique locking lever holds valve
- Unique bead lock keeps boots in place, no welding required!
- Reduced overall size as compared to competitive units
- Aluminum and stainless components plus weatherproof electrical connectors to prevent corrosion
- CAC pipes included for some vehicles
- Automatic engine overspeed electronics
- Item Requires Shipping
- 8.0 lbs.
- W9.8000” x H7.8000” x L18.5000”
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.